Complaints Policy

Here you can view our complaints policy.

Complaints Protocol

If you have a complaint or concern about the service that you have received from our  practice or any of the staff working here, please let us know.  We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints.  

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks as this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. Complaints should be made:

  • Within 12 months of the matter which caused the problem; or
  • Within 12 months of becoming aware you have something to complain about.

You should contact or write to the Practice Manager, Susan Lewis. You may ask for an appointment with Susan Lewis or your practitioner to discuss your concerns.  They will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It would be helpful if you could give us specific details of what you feel went wrong and what outcome you would like in writing.

What we shall do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within three working days, and offer to discuss your concerns and agree the way forward with you. We will investigate your complaint and aim to provide you with our findings within a time frame agreed with you.

When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would find this helpful.
  • Make sure you receive an appropriate apology.
  • Identify what we can learn from your complaint and what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again in order to improve our services.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have his or her permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Complaining to NHS Kirklees

However, if you do not feel comfortable or believe it is inappropriate to raise your complaint directly with your Primary Care Provider, you must now contact the West Yorkshire Integrated Car Board (ICB) instead of NHS England.  Please contact us by:


Telephone: 01924 552 150

In writing: Complaints Team, West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board, White Rose House West Parade, Wakefield WF1 1LT

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (excluding bank holidays).

Out of hours: Please leave a voice message about the best time to contact you to discuss your complaint.

Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)

If you do remain dissatisfied you can approach the PHSO with your complaint. This should be done within 12 months of the final outcome of the practice complaints procedure. You can contact the The Parliamentary & Health Servide Ombudsman (PHSO), Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP or Email: